Tuesday, July 8, 2008

contemplating…

(23 random thoughts from my mind)
(1) When will I get to go skiing in Park City, Utah again.
(2) Specifically how our country will change in January 2009 when either Barack Obama or John McCain takes over the office of president.
(3) How each of these men will affect the tax structure and domestic economy after elected (which in turn effect my job day each day).
(4) What it would be like to just quit my job and move to India (I so love it there!).
(5) In what specific way the Lord will practically use me to flesh out “First Week” this week.
(6) Why it takes the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ board well over a month to process paperwork that they said they could process in 10 days.
(7) Why it is at times so hard to pull myself out of bed to spend a few moments before the Lord in the morning but I have significantly less problems pulling myself out of bed to go run (however, sadly enough, I didn’t pull myself out of bed to do either this morning).
(8) What in the world the next “step” the Lord has planned for me is and why He decided against using neon signs in the sky to tell us which path to take.
(9) How much fun I’m going to have when my college roommate, Laura Pevahouse, comes to town to visit this weekend. (Yea for fun visits from fabulous friends!)
(10) How time flies! One of my favorite foster babies, Lucas (aka Logan), will turn ONE next weekend!!! Unbelievable!
(11) How my life has turned out, thus far, to be drastically different than I imagined 9 months, 2 years, 5 years, or even 10 years ago AND….
(12) How overwhelmingly thankful I am for the Lord’s kind providence.
(13) How much I will miss my little brother if he moves far away to go to school next year.
(14) Which of the potential recruits the Tiger basketball team will actually get to sign for their 2009 recruiting class AND…
(15) Will the Tigers have another deep run in the 2009 NCAA College Basketball Tournament.
(16) What a difference it makes to have fresh ground coffee at the start of your day. (I recently got a coffee grinder and it makes a phenomenal difference in the taste of the coffee.)
(17) How I love dress pants from The Limited and if I could, every pair of pants I ever wore to work would be from this store.
(18) How much I have enjoyed meditating (most days) thru the devotional book, the "Daily Light."
(19) What it would take to get a job as a host of a Travel Channel TV program so I could make traveling my “job.”
(20) What needs to happen/change/occur for Christ to be formed in me to an even greater degree and the “Divine Life” become more of a reality now.
(21) Why in regards to homeownership, the phrase, “There’s always something” has to be true AND…
(22) What it is going to take to figure out the mystery of why there is still a leak coming down from my bathroom, thru my ceiling, into my kitchen but why it doesn’t happen every day.
(23) How I am still nervous about running the Philadelphia Marathon in November and how I probably will continue to be until I cross the finish line on November 23rd.

3 comments:

Laurin said...

You just reminded me how much I love Limited pants too...must go there!

TrueNorth Ministries said...

First of all- you can't move to India (for at least a little while).
2nd- I understand what you mean about how sad it is to not have the motivation to spend time with the Lord but having it for other things- maybe it would help if we consciously set our mind on the Lord rather than those things. Fill your midn with the benefits of spending time with Him, rather than the benefits of a run.
3rd- I guess neon signs are just not God's style (and their ugly anyways) =)
4th- Limited pants eh? Maybe I'll have to try them.
5th- "Daily Light"- haven't heard of it, who is it by? Does it compare to Valley of Vision?
6th- I could see you as a Travel Channel host- how fabulous would that be!
7th- I can't believe your still having the leak issue- maybe you should just hang a plant underneath that part of the ceiling and get some good use out of it. =)

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

you have inspired me to start a contimplation list:)