Tuesday, June 24, 2008

officially committed!!

I just booked a flight to Philadelphia in November and signed up to run the Philadelphia Marathon! Yep, I'm officially committed to running 26.2 miles on November 23, 2008... I'm a bit nervous but I usually am before making big commitments! Now, I'm weighing my options regarding the Memphis Marathon/Half-Marathon, which is a mere 2 weeks after the Philadelphia Marathon. I love the Memphis Marathon/Half-Marathon because it supports St. Jude and honestly it has kind of become a personal tradition to run it! I think I'll go sign up for the half...

2 comments:

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

Philly how fun! I know what you mean I am going to Utah in November for the St.George Marathon, to hopefully qualify for the Boston Marathon in April, you should so join me! I didn't realy like the Memphis Marathon, but thats because I didnt train as well as I should have, I would do the half that was fun!

Anonymous said...

whoa! for a minute there, your title had me thinking you were going to be tying the knot in the near future. but i do think that anybody that signs up for not one, but TWO marathons has commitment issues alright... like they need to BE committed. but since you've committed to running, i'll commit to praying for you...