Monday, September 8, 2008

verbal slip

This article in the Washington Times yesterday is quite interesting. Apparently, in an interview recently Barack Obama was outlining his "Christianity" and slipped up and said "my Muslim faith." I find this VERY interesting because though I am completely prone to making verbal slips of my own I don't think this is one I'd be likely to make. I'm pretty sure you'd never find me answering a question about my Christianity and accidentally saying, "my Buddhist faith," or even "my Catholic faith." If you believe the old adage "What's in the well, comes up in the bucket" to be true, what do you think about this statement by Sen. Obama? What really is in his "well?" Just curious....

2 comments:

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

wow thats big...I am not sure that was a "true" slip!

Jim said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FCNKwHRCQM

I'm with you Brienne - no way it was a "slip" of the tongue.