Friday, September 26, 2008

new book i'm VERY anxious to read!

Wayne Grudem published Business for the Glory of God toward the end of 2003 but I just recently became acquainted with the title. I must admit, I am extremely anxious to read this book!!!

The book's summary elaborates: "Wayne Grudem introduces a novel concept: business itself glorifies God when it is conducted in a way that imitates God's character and creation. He shows that all aspects of business, including ownership, profit, money, competition, and borrowing and lending, glorify God because they are reflective of God's nature. Though Grudem isn't naive about the easy ways these activities can be perverted and used as a means to sin, he knows that Christians can be about the business of business."

I'll keep you posted with my own analysis!

2 comments:

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

looks interesting...going to have to check it out:)Hows the training coming?

Jim said...

Another great book is "Business through the eyes of faith" by Richard C. Chewning. I enjoyed reading it and still use if for reference purposes.