Wednesday, October 1, 2008

back on the track

So, last night was my first night back to my running group's weekly track workout since April (yes, I have been a slacker when it comes to speed work but I HATE speed work when it is HOT!). At any rate, now that it has cooled off here in Memphis, I am back on track (literally) when it comes to working on speed. This morning my legs are definitely feeling the effect of being away from speed work for such an extended period of time.... Not optimal with the Tour d' Espirit coming up this Friday night where I plan to run a mere 25 miles. :)

I also feel compelled to share with you that my absolute favorite speed work album is Lecrae's "After the Music Stops." If you haven't checked out Lecrae you might want to give him a listen and I found out last week, he's from Memphis!!! Nice...

1 comment:

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

I love the track it is what has made me a faster runner for sure! Good luck on your long flippin run:)