Friday, September 19, 2008

ending the week right where we began

I know some of you could probably care less what happens with the financial markets but I generally pay attention. It DIRECTLY correlates with my job and besides I actually ENJOY paying attention. I would like to state (predominately for those of you that are clueless) that we have just completed a "historic" week in the financial world. After 5 days of uncertainty and extreme volatility, we have ended the week right where we began (which given the week is a definitely a GOOD thing). And although this week does not have any real bearing on what occurs next week (it could be better or worse next week), it's good to know we "weathered" this week's storm (Note: Ramifications from this week will probably be felt for a while because the financial landscape has indeed drastically changed).

With all the chatter by uneducated and fearful indivduals this week (mostly induced by the 'drive-by' media) about the potential collapse of the American markets, I have had great cause to revisit where my hope rests. Do I put my hope in the American financial system? Do I place it in our economy (which IS funadmentally sound)? Do I place it in the strength of the global economic system? Or better yet, my ability to control and/or generate my individual wealth??? Hmm... I've had to remind myself (or rather preach to myself) where my hope really lies. It lies in One who has infinitely more strength than the American economic system... my hope rests in Christ!

1 comment:

Life in the Eyes of a Child said...

Great post! It's easy to think that the financial world is crashing right before our eyes, but is $ what really matters in life? Nope. Our eternity is all that matters! And we can have hope in this!