Tuesday, August 19, 2008

overdue update on life.

So, my new job has been keeping me quite busy (which is great!) and I don't have internet access at my house (which sort of stinks) so I far less time to update my blog... after all (and sadly enough), I don't get paid for blogging. At any rate, here's a small update of things that have been going on over the last couple of weeks...
(1) I got up VERY EARLY (earlier than usual) this past Saturday to run 19 miles. It was the first time I have run the distance in quite some time and was pleased to discover that I was not sore when I woke up Sunday morning.
(2) I love my new job! Yep, I do. So far, the move to Legacy Wealth Management has proven to be a good one. I am grateful for the opportunity the Lord has provided by placing me here.
(3) I saw the Buddy Holly Story at Playhouse on the Square on Saturday night and it was surprisingly good. I knew very little about Buddy Holly before the show and was therefore slightly skeptical about actually enjoying the show. It was fabulous!
(4) Unfortunately, in this past Friday night's rain, I backed into the building behind Belmont Grill as I was leaving their VERY tiny parking lot. My bumper now carries permanent remains from that fateful evening. Tragic.
(5) Andrew Murray's book Humility has in some ways wrecked perceptions of my life. I now carry serious doubt that I ever knew anything about what true, Christ-like humility really is prior to reading this book. More on this later...
(6) I am very much enjoying the weird weather that Memphis has been having the last couple of weeks. Humidity has been (for the most part) at bay and the temps have been in the low 90's. In fact, there are reports that, though it might rain, tomorrow's high could be 85! What? It is August. In Memphis.
(7) I had to purchase a new air conditioner for my home last week. Fun.
(8) I still have the leak from my upstairs bathroom, through my ceiling, into my kitchen. O the joys of home ownership continue.
(9) I have really enjoyed watching the Olympics and am completely amazed at each athlete's determination, discipline, and raw talent that has jointly propelled them this far in their "quest for the gold." However, I question how many of them pursue the prize (the gold medal) with all their might and upon the achievement of it still find themselves lacking. How many of them achieve the pinnacle in their sport but never find the treasure that is found in Christ. Just a random thought...
(10) This story on the Drudge Report today about a mountain/ski resort in New Zealand having the largest snow base ever, really made me want to go snow skiing. I'm not extremely picky; I don't have to go to New Zealand... I would settle for Park City, Utah.

2 comments:

Laurin said...

#4~so sad!

#5~i must say it's rocking my world too!

Wren said...

Wow! A lot has gone on with you! I love reading your blog. Jim and I have decided to go private on our blog. Could you email me at wrenerin@gmail.com so that I can add you to our readers list? Thanks!!