Tuesday, June 3, 2008

totally random!

Today, I thought I would share a few random bits...

(1) Ever since I got my iPod nano back in March I have come to love podcasts. The one I would most highly recommend is a podcast by Boudless.org called The Boundless Show. Each week has something totally different, engaging and fun. For example, the latest episode includes Lisa (the show's hilarious host) interviewing Josh Harris, Mark Dever, and Al Molher at the New Attitude Conference. I find myself anxiously awaiting Friday's, when the new episode is released, for a whole new reason! Go check it out on iTunes today!

(2) I've previously posted several pictures of the inside of my house but I thought it was time for a few pictures of the outside. So here they are in the form of "before and after" shots. Though there is still plenty of work remaining to complete the "after" shot, I am glad to have beautiful flowers planted (most of which aren't too visible in this photo) and to have cleared away all of the shaggy brushy stuff in preparation for the next step.

(3) I also thought I would provide a brief introduction to my new "friend" and neighbor. However, this is one friend who I'm quite sure that his absence will NOT make the heart grow fonder. Gratefully, my friend, who measures approximately 12 inches in length, lives several houses down! I feel like I should give him a name... thoughts?

(4) On a completely unrelated note (after all this is a post about totally random topics), I have almost finished reading John Owen's work titled, The Mortification of Sin and I would highly commend it to you for your reading. It is not necessarily "light" reading but definitely worth its weight in gold in regards to the soul's ongoing battle with sin. Note: Since I am not quite up to par with those who have the ability and time to tackle Owen's work in the unabridged form, I was very grateful to find there is an abridged version available.

2 comments:

Laurin said...

Okay, so your "friend" is much bigger than I pictured. And I think it's a girl, so I say Leona or Lulu!

Anonymous said...

My vote for the name: Sylvester!