Friday, March 4, 2011

purposes in pruning

I've had this plant for three years.  Three years and it has bloomed once... once.  However, I have very high hopes for this plant this season.  Why you might ask?  Because after three years I finally pruned it.  Indeed, a couple of months ago I finally took the plunge and cut away some of the old leaves that had been damaged by the harsh sun and sudden frosts.  The result: new fresh growth!!  In the midst of my excitement about this new growth (yes, sometimes it's the little things that excite me) I've been reminded that likewise the Father prunes his children so that they might bear fruit for him.  Therefore, we should be thankful for the sometimes painful act of pruning.  The Father is purposing in the midst of our pruning that we would be conformed to the image of his son.  Pruning, it's a good thing all in all, right?
 

No comments: