Monday, January 11, 2010

new toy

I got a new toy this weekend and boy is it great!  I purchased a Vita-Mix blender and I have to admit that it is pretty much the coolest thing ever!  This is the same kind of blender that top chefs on Food Networks' "Iron Chef America" and restaurants like Tropical Smoothie Cafe and Smoothie King use.  Anyway, I submit to you that it's not just a blender because it really does so much more... You can make ice cream, hot soups (yes, they come out of the "blender" piping hot!), grind gains (and then mix with yeast and water and have it knead your dough for you!), juice fresh fruits, make awesome smoothies in 30 seconds AND make your own nut butters (peanut butter, almond butter, etc.).  So much healthier eating because you know exactly what you are putting into your food!

I tried my hand at making some fresh peanut butter this weekend and it was SO yummy!  You simply dump in honey roasted peanuts (or any other kind of nut you like) and blend. Can your blender to that?  It comes out nice and warm and oh so nutty!  Seriously, Jiff has nothing on this!  The great thing about this PB is it has no added hydrogenated oils or tons of extra sugar... just peanuts.  Anyway, I'll keep you posted on my "blending" adventures.  I'm thinking of making chicken tortilla soup in my "blender" tonight.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

i must admit Brienne...it was the best peanut butter i've ever had!! thanks for sharing!

HouseOfSmooches said...

Wow, sounds like you found a great domestic kitchen "servant" :)

Lori said...

Hi Brienne: Just found you by way of All Things for Him Alone... just to encourage you to keep blogging -- I was encouraged reading your posts. God bless you as you minister to all your unseen guests!

brienne said...

Lori, I'm glad you wandered over to my blog! Thank-you for your kind, encouraging words... it's always great to know that SOMEONE out there is reading! Feel free to come back (and comment) often! :)

By the way, do you know Melissa?