Monday, April 20, 2009

just another saturday

A little recap from the weekend: This past Saturday contained one fun adventure, one new place, and one new creation! What a GREAT day! Let me explain…

Fun Adventure: Despite the early morning rain, I headed out to Shelby Forrest for a nice trail run Saturday morning. Due to the rain, the trail was nice and soft and felt great on the joints and knees which have gotten used to running on the asphalt and concrete as of late. This run reminded me just how much I love trail running; it is far better than road running. Anyway, being that I don’t have any upcoming races to prepare for, it was quite nice just to run… and yes, run in the rain. Once you got going and engrossed in the natural spring beauty that surrounded you, you didn’t mind all the sloshing around. The sound of the rain hitting the tree canopy above, the choir of chirping birds overhead and wet shoes trudging through the water saturated terrain. Sorry for the bad picture quality, it appears I had a little rain on the camera lens. At any rate, here are a few fun pics! (Note: Yes, several months back I surrendered and purchased a running skirt. You know what?!?! I love it!)

New Place: After the soggy run, I headed back to my house for a quick shower that was VERY much needed (I had mud everywhere!) and out to Panera Bread for lunch with a friend. I’ve been to Panera Bread in the Atlanta airport but never to the one in Cordova… until Saturday. I had a small salad and some yummy French Onion Soup (I love French Onion Soup!). Great food + great company and conversation definitely = fun times!

New Creation: I mentioned here about the Sprinkles cupcakes recipes that I got my hands on Easter weekend. Saturday I made them for Sunday's Grace Lunch. I decided to go with the Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing. I’ve never made cupcakes (or any cake at all for that matter) or icing from scratch before so, this was the second “first” of the day. Thankfully, I had my good friend Ashley there to help out with the cupcake construction. Despite being only slightly dry (does anyone know how to fix this so the cupcakes are a bit more moist????), these cute little cakes turned out to be quite tasty. Personally, I feel the cream cheese icing was my favorite part! Mmmm.....

No comments: