Thursday, April 17, 2008

Pike's Place

I am a firm believer that far too many Americans spend far too much of their monthly cash flow at Starbucks on things like venti white chocolate mochas with soy milk and an extra double shot of espresso (that will be $12.73 please…). For some, if they cut their monthly Starbucks runs by 25% they could probably support a small third world country in addition to loosing about 5 pounds. Maybe the elimination of Starbucks could single-handedly pull America up from the negative personal savings rate it currently has (this time last year it stood around -0.5%, meaning most Americans spent more than they made… surprise). Contrary to your perception about how I might feel regarding Starbucks, I do stop in every so often and enjoy a tall coffee of whatever variety happens to be brewing. Yesterday I stopped in twice to enjoy a tall cup of the newest blend of coffee Starbucks has to offer, Pike Place. I must report that I liked it quite well. I must note that the reason I stopped in twice yesterday is because I have this promotional offer coupon (which Starbucks NEVER has) where you can get a free tall Pike Place blend coffee every Wednesday from now until the end of May. Exciting! Free coffee! The Pike Place blend is very good, for you coffee connoisseurs. Starbucks touts that it has a “smoother finish and subtle flavor of cocoa and toasted nuts.” I would highly suggest you try it… just think about that small third world country as you are standing in line for you 4th cup. Enjoy!
_______________
Might I also mention that: (1) Exxon has great, inexpensive coffee, and (2) If you are looking for an excellent coffee to make at your home to get you going in the morning, Ugly Mug has to be the absolute best!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love It!!!