Monday, March 1, 2010

prayers from my clothes closet

I was at church last night where they were finishing up a weekend conference on missions.  The speaker for the weekend was encouraging consistent labor in prayer for the nations and unreached people groups all around the globe.  He suggested a simple method that he had adopted for assimilating further prayer for various nations into his daily routine: Each morning when you put on your clothes, take a brief moment to see where the article of clothing you are putting on was made.  Then as you continue to dress for the day spend a few minutes in prayer for that particular country, the unreached people groups there, the advance of the Gospel, the unrestrained worship of Christ, and laborers to go forth.  Genius!  I took a brief survey in my closet this morning and realized that using this method I would quickly be praying for India, Thailand, China, Bangladesh, and even the United States, just to name a few. So today I'm praying for Sri Lanka... who are YOU praying for?

1 comment:

Wren said...

I love it!! Great post!!