Thursday, January 28, 2010

what would you do?

For some reason in a meeting yesterday at the office we got started talking about what we would do if we won the lottery. The big one. In the moment all I could think of is that I would pay off my house and a few other small miscellaneous things (like maybe take the fam on a small trip, etc.) and then I would start some sort of foundation to support missionaries going to serve in locations in the 1040 window.  I must admit it will be VERY hard to actually win the lottery if you NEVER actually play the lottery but hey, anything could happen, right?

After sleeping on the curious question, I think my answer is the same. I would still work but I'd probably take a bit of unpaid vacation so I could go on multiple mission trips per year. I'd probably buy Grace a piece of property just so I don't have to set-up the GraceKids room every Sunday (obviously there would be a greater benefit than just that but, it's all about me, right? haha... :) But overall I'd still want to find a way for the bulk of the money to go towards the gospel going forth in the entire 1040 window... particularly India. 

What would you do if you won the lottery?

4 comments:

Jim said...

What's the 1040 window? I think this is the first I've heard of that.

brienne said...

Hey Jim! I hope you and Wren are doing well! Follow this link for a great definition/picture of the 10/40 window...

http://www.joshuaproject.net/definitions.php

By the way, you and Wren need to come over for dinner soon! I'll get some dates together!

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim said...

Absolutely - Wren and I are great. We'd love to get together sometime. Let me know what days are good.

Thanks for the info too.