Wednesday, December 9, 2009

question of the day:

I love Christmas Carols, especially the really good ones that exalt Christ as God coming to earth on behalf of sinners. What I wonder is, do non-believers who sing songs like Hark the Herald Angels Sing, etc. really not get the Truth of which they sing? How can some sing God-glorifying Christmas carols so flippantly? For example, I wonder if Bob Dylan really understands what he is singing about when he sings The First Noel or O' Come all Ye Faithful? Just curious. Anyway, here's to praying that when people sing or hear a Truth-saturated Christmas carol this year they will come to know the everlasting joy found only in the Christ of which they sing.

Merry Christmas!
May you rejoice in Christ this season...

1 comment:

Lee said...

I was thinking about this the other day. I know some people who will not listen to a pagan sing a sacred song. But I think praises in the mouth of fools actually just underlines God's glory. They may not realize what they are talking about or WHO. But He reigns just the same and his glory is revealed. After all, even their life and breath reflects (whether they like it or not) that God is Lord. He is the reason they can take another breath to sing that next note. Maybe this can be my next blog topic =)