Thursday, December 3, 2009

it's definitely been a while...

Suffice to say, I've taken a bit of a hiatus from blogging since my last post. To be perfectly honest I've lacked motivation and inspiration (I don't have cute, entertaining kids to post about :). However, I think my break is over and for the one reader that just might still be out there (if I'm lucky), I'll begin blogging again.

Since it's been a while, here's a brief run down of my life since the last post on June 5:
-Summer rolled by without any major note worthy events.
-At the conclusion of the summer, I got to enjoy a brief trip down to the gulf for a little girl time with my mom at the beach. This turned out to be perfect because the guys in my family aren't the biggest beach fans.
-I did indeed have the privilege to run in the 40th running of the ING New York Marathon. It was quite the experience! Fun city. Fabulous race. The experience is worth its own post, so look for that coming soon.
-I also had the joy of going to India for several days on a mission trip at the beginning of November. THAT definitely is worth its own post or even series of posts!
-I've finished a couple of good books since I last posted so don't be surprised if you see a couple of book review in the coming weeks.
-Lastly, I'm running the St. Jude 1/2 marathon this weekend. I LOVE this race... or at least the 1/2 is a blast. I'm running it with a couple of girls from my office and we decided to raise money for St. Jude so if you are in the giving mood hop on over to this site and make a donation!

By the way... it's great to be back!

4 comments:

Laurin said...

SO glad you're back! Seriously, more than one person has mentioned to me: "I miss Brienne's blogging!"

brienne said...

Laurin, I'm so glad I have at least one reader still! :) haha...

HouseOfSmooches said...

Hey, you definitely have more than one reader!! I'm super glad you're back and can't wait to hear all your exciting news.

melissa said...

Ok, so now you have offically at least 3 readers... I think that is reason enough to keep blogging consistent. =)
On another note...maybe I should take the log out of my own eye and work on my lack of blogging. ha!