Friday, May 8, 2009

super steals and one GREAT mom!

I'm not one that usually feels the need to blog about simple things such as my grocery shopping experiences. However, I do feel as if this is one time to step out of that mold for just a brief moment...

I have a great mom (and seeing as this weekend is Mother's Day, it is important to note this) who has taught me all sorts of necessary traits over the course of my years and one thing she so readily imparted to me is the techniques of a thrifty shopper. Clipping coupons and buying items on sale are just a few of the ways to become a thrifty shopper. Well, my mom would be proud because on Tuesday night, I combined all thrifty shopping techniques in one Target trip and ended up with the following loot for a mere $14.00. Yes, my friend, everything pictured below for a total of $14.00!!

Note: As you can see, I do love the FiberOne products at my house (they are yummy and a great way to get your daily fiber in!) and they just to happened to all be on sale this past week at Target.

Another product of my mom thriftiness is the impatients that are now planted in my flowerbeds (pics of that to come just as soon as I get finished mulching...). My mom found these super healthy, beautiful impatients on sale (a weekend special) at Home Depot for $.33 apiece about a month ago! I was so excited I quickly purchased 3 flats for around $10! Can you believe it?

Isn't my mom the best shopper?!?! But beyond shopping, I am very thankful the Lord has blessed me with a great mother. I'm thankful for her friendship and for all that she has taught me over the years. So on this Mother's Day weekend, I'm making sure she knows just that! Love you Mom!

3 comments:

HouseOfSmooches said...

I love your mom too!! In fact, I've adopted her as my own :) Can't wait to see you in just over a week!

Julie Troxel said...

I think that all grocery deals are worthy of a blog note. Just job friend! Let's do lunch

Julie Troxel said...

I meant, good job, I have no idea what happened...