Thursday, February 19, 2009

better than last year?

As I write this I have just returned from the Tiger basketball game and I’ve been pondering the following question:
Is this year’s basketball team better than last years?
I know that is a difficult question considering the magical season that we had last year but this year is shaping up to be rather stellar in it’s own right. Offensively, the question regarding which team is better is definitely debatable; however, defensively this team has been shutting down the opposition.

Currently, we are at a 53 conference game winning streak! To put this in perspective: The Tigers have only lost one (nope, that’s not a typo… I meant ONE) game since Conference USA realigned a couple of years ago. And to top it all off, the most astounding statistic of all: As of late, The Tigers have become a free-throw shooting machine! Seriously, I know this is hard to believe given last year’s free-throw woes but tonight the Tigers were 90% from the charity stripe and they were frequently at the line.

So here's to another great [fastly approaching] March... we'll see how far this year's team can go. Go Tigers!

No comments: