Saturday, September 13, 2008

one 20 miler done

Whew! I'm glad to have the first 20 mile long run in preparation for the Philly Marathon behind me! I was up early enough this morning to have 10 miles out of the way before the sun even came up... yes kids, that means I was up super early on a SATURDAY. Of course, this is pretty typical for me. At any rate, this run is over and I now can enjoy the rest of my weekend. Though a bit humid, the day didn't turn out to be nearly as hot as I anticipated and I was extremely grateful for the breeze (compliments of Hurricane Ike). I was also grateful for the farmer's market, which just so happens to be on the way back to our cars--thankfully, my running partner for the day had a couple of extra dollars on her and we each were able to get a nice, juicy, ripe peach just before the end of our run. I've never had a better peach!

So one 20+ mile run down and 2 more to go before the main event on November 23. The next really long, long run is slated to be 24 miles on October 4 at the Tour d' Espirit (a 24 hour race, which supports Haitian medical missions). I'm already anticipating this one...

2 comments:

BOBBI McCORMICK said...

you go girl!!! I am tapering now, but that last 22 miler was difficult...so excited to hear about your race!

Lee said...

way to go brienne! i remember the satisfaction of having run those 20 milers. it feels great and no guilt at all over the cheese pizza afterwards. ha. so what training program are you on? i am guessing not hal higdon's bc i think he only includes one 20 miler.