Thursday, July 17, 2008

unchangeableness

Wow! It’s only July and I think already this year will go down as an iconic one in my life—it has been jam packed with so many big life changes. It seems as if each time I get “comfortable” where I am there is a new change looming around the bend and a new way the Lord is challenging me to live outside of myself and live dependently on His sure provision. It seems as if each day I become increasingly thankful for the immutability or unchangeableness of my King. I become grateful that as everything in my life seems to swirl around and I struggle to find one thing in this life that is “stable,” I find a Refuge; I find a Rock that is unchanging in both His purposes and His promises. I’m ever so thankful for passages like James 1:17 which says there is no variation or shadow in the Father and Malachi 3:6 where God himself proclaims that he does not change. So, this day in the midst of all of my life’s instability, I choose to, with a thankful heart, cling to his sure promises and rest in his vast unchangeableness.

No comments: