Friday, July 25, 2008

my review of geocaching

Though my first experience with geocaching proved to be unsuccessful, it was loads of fun! The coordinates for the particular box we were in search of is hidden somewhere close to the lake at Chickasaw Gardens (if anyone sees a camo box that snaps on all four sides in the next couple of days… let me know). Sadly, we never located it. We did see nice “wildlife” along the way… It is largely important to note that the search for the “treasure” would have been easier had the GPS we were using not been confined to the car because it didn’t have enough battery power. SO, the GPS is currently charging and we are going to take another stab at finding the treasure sometime this weekend. Hopefully, we will have a better outcome!

How did I like my first experience with geocaching? As previously mentioned, it was loads of fun; however, I think I would be an even greater fan of rural geocaching (as opposed to urban geocaching around the city of Memphis). I think it would be an absolute blast to head out on a nice hike somewhere in the mountains in the Pacific Northwest (like Oregon or Washington) in search of “hidden treasure.” Maybe one day… Until then, I suppose I’ll stick to the task at hand and get back on the hunt for that box at Chickasaw Gardens….

1 comment:

Laurin said...

Never have I heard of such things. Sounds very interesting.