Thursday, May 22, 2008

my new thing...

So, I have recently become acquainted with this protein smoothie mix (Glycemic Balance) and it is absolutely my "new thing." I love it! Here's why: Among other great things, it is loaded with 22 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber per serving and only 2 grams of sugar! I will admit that I never made it exactly according to the product's instructions, rather I throw a healthy amount of fresh frozen fruit (strawberries, blueberries, peaches, etc.) into my blender along with some fat free apple juice or fat free white grape juice. I have tried both and personally prefer the apple juice. Now that I think about it, I suppose you could substitute orange juice as well if you'd like.... Anyway, once blended well, I add in the protein mix--I do follow the instructions here, adding the amount of mix suggested on the package. I've found this is a great and tasty way to get my protein in for the day. Several of the protein mixes I've looked at have way too much sugar. So, kudos for this one for keeping a tight reign on the extra sugar while packing in the protein and fiber! I'm sure there are several places to find this great product but I usually pick it up at Wild Oats on Poplar. Enjoy!

No comments: