Tuesday, May 27, 2008

10 things I’ve learned since January

Since we are fast approaching the middle of 2008 I thought I would provide a list of just 10 things that I have learned thus far. There are plenty more but I'll spare you all the details and simply provide the following:
1. I am not that good with a hammer. It’s definitely harder than it looks to get the hammer to strike the head of the nail and the nail to go in the intended direction. Maybe it just takes more hand-eye coordination (or practice) than I currently have?
2. Spackling a wall is not that hard… this I can do!
3. I don’t care for painting trim, or around it for that matter, but give me a roller and I’ll paint all day long… or until I get blisters on my nice soft hands, whichever comes first.
4. I love decorating! Yes, I kind of knew this one already but it has indeed been confirmed.
5. I can (and DID!) pass the horribly hard CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ exam.
6. I never thought I would say (or in this case write) this but, blogging is great fun.
7. Most of the time, barring 120 degree temps and 95% humidity, running really is my “happy place.”
8. I have great friends. Nope, I could not ask for any better friends.
9. I have an amazing family! Yes, they can at times get on my nerves and I am quite sure I get on theirs!!! Yes, there might be some things I would like to change about them and I know there are some things they would love to change about me!!!! However, I love them so very much and wouldn’t trade them for anything!
10. As great as my friends are and as amazing as my family is, I have an absolutely glorious God who, despite everything that surrounds my little world, is up to more than I can possibly conceive. He is orchestrating things in a way that is for His greatest glory and indeed my greatest good and regardless of where I find myself this year I have found, He does all things well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And the top thing we've continued to learn from your blog in the last 6 months is that you are an amazing blessing to us all!!! love you much, my friend!

always,
laura p.

p.s. Promise--a visit is coming in June :)...I'm off to NYC this weekend, but perhaps one of the next few will work for you?